Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Pondicherry (JIPMER) is an institution under Government of India since the year 1956 and is one of the leading Medical Institutions in India. JIPMER imparts Undergraduate (UG), Postgraduate (PG) and Super Specialty Medical Training through a working hospital (JIPMER Hospital) with a bed strength of 2134 and a Nursing College.
Applicant must be an Indian National or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI)
- Foreign Nationals are required to route their application through Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi. All Foreign Nationals will have to take prior permission from the Medical Council of India before applying for postgraduate Courses in the Institute. An advance copy of the application and copy of request to MCI must be submitted at JIPMER, Pondicherry before the last date of receipt of applications. In the events of selection, the candidate has to apply for temporary registration with the medical council of India for the duration of postgraduate study.
- The candidates must possess MBBS or an equivalent Degree recognized by the Medical Council of India.
- A candidate must have completed the required period of 12 months compulsory rotating internship/Practical training on or before 31st December 2018
- For all categories including OBC Category, the minimum marks required are 55% in aggregate.
- For candidates belonging to the SC/ST Categories, the minimum marks required are 50% marks in aggregate
- For OPH candidates the minimum aggregate for the category to which the candidate belongs shall apply.
Pattern of examination:
- The examination shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium ONLY.
The Entrance Examination is common to all and consists of single best response type MCQs having four alternatives.